Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Love Token from God . . .

In college, a professor of mine challenged us to look for "love tokens" God gives to us. These love tokens are just little things that we may miss and not even realize they are from Him - unless we are looking for them. This challenge stuck with me. Paul and I have been challenged to live looking for His small love tokens to us - just little gifts to remind us that He LOVES us more than we could ever imagine.

Well, Tuesday I went about my errands as usual. Our stop at Costco was a necessary one (we were all out of frozen veggies and salad is NOT good with every meal!) I also had to pick up more Clorox II (This stuff is amazing! It's the only thing that gets Silas' clothes really clean.) As I was going to get the Clorox II, I remembered that there was a coupon for it this month - and then realized that in my haste to leave the house, I forgot the coupon. A little bummed out, but not discouraged I trudged over to the cleaner isle. I HAD to get it, coupon or not. Oh well, right? I picked up my clorox II and right next to the bottle was a coupon. NO KIDDING. Right next to the bottle that I picked up. I honestly would have missed it if I hadn't picked up the one that I did. Amazing, huh? No, not really when I think of how much my God loves me. This was nothing for Him - but a love token for me. I felt like God was saying "I love you, Amanda and here is a little something just for you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing, yet humbling, to see how much our God loves us. At times we are going through our life in such a rush that we overlook the love tokens, yet He still loves us.
Thanks for the reminder.

Love You

Kelli said...

I had a long day today, Brian is out of town, and I knew I had no groceries so I stopped to pick up a salad on my way home. The parking lot in this particular shopping center is ALWAYS packed, but today there was a front row spot waiting for me. Thank you for the love token, God, and thank you for the reminder from Amanda. =)

Kerri Ledford said...

I Loved this post ... ever since you posted this I have looked for these "love tokens."

While in Greece, Robyn and I had many love tokens. It was really a blessing ... especially in a country where you don't know where you are going or speak their language.

Plus ... every time we had one ... I thought of you Amanda!

Love you!