Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow Slide

Yesterday we trudged out into our snow covered lawn to build a snowman. We have had snow on the ground for about three weeks now - and have not been able to build anything in it because it is too fluffy. Well, we have had a week of sunshine and "warmer" weather and we thought, "Okay, let's try it again." How dumb I was! Nothing has happened to this snow. It hasn't melted a bit! It is seriously like sugar. Doesn't stick together a bit! Well, that 45min. of getting ready and piling hats, gloves, pants, shirts wasn't going to be in vain! (Seriously, I make my kids wear three hats - I know they will hate me for that as a teenager!) We have this huge pile of snow in our driveway from our plowman. It is just as crumbly as the rest of the snow, but it made a wonderful slide. We are currently getting more snow - maybe one day this winter Abby can make her snowman. Until then, we will pile on all the clothes we own and have fun on our "new" slide.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manda,

Where are your three hats???

Looks like you are having a fun time, even though Abby did not get her snowman.

Love Ya

Paul and Amanda Lerand said...

I had on ear-muffs. I was warm. :) (That's just like a Mom!)

Linda said...

...and we thought the mountains of NC were cold! You look to be having as much fun as Abby and Silas - enjoy each moment - you are building memories.
:)

Anonymous said...

You're the most BEAUFIFUL woman in this world!
I love you, Sweetheart!