Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Teen Winter Retreat

This past weekend we were privileged to take some of our teenagers to a camp in Wisconsin for a winter retreat. There was about a foot of snow on the ground which made for some wonderful play times and the preaching of God's Word kept our hearts a-flame. I was challenged physically (a foot of snow is hard to walk in - much less to walk up a huge hill . . . - oh, and there was about two inches of ice under all that snow!!) as well as challenged spiritually. It is now the beginning of a new year, I have some new goals in which I want to push myself - to gain a closer relationship with the One who makes all the difference in the world. For He alone is worthy of praise!

Here are some pictures of the fun times we had this weekend:

Sledding:





The "Arena":
A competitive activity for the teens. It was an obstacle course the had to complete, the whole time they are being shot at by the opposite team with small pellets - like paint balls. My girls have bruises and welts on their arms from those things. OUCH!!





Like I mentioned, we had a wonderful time in the snow and playing games. But, the most important thing was the preaching of God's Word and the changes that many sought the Lord for. Please pray with me for those teens who were saved, made changes and dedicated their lives to the Lord. He is all we need!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the reteat went well. We all need to set aisde time to renew our love to the Lord. Getting away for a few days help so much. I am thankful the Lord gave you this time with the teens.

Unknown said...

I am sure this was a lot of fun. Sounds like it was. You get to do lot of neat things with them, what an amazing impression/memories you guys are leaving on the teenagers lives that they will never forget.