Saturday, December 20, 2008
Dinner at the Dyer Mansion
Since this is a blog about our life, I thought I would include another important part of our lives - our teenagers. We are so thankful to be a part of their lives and to be able to serve them how ever we can. This year for our Christmas party with the teens, we hosted a formal dinner. Our theme in our teen program has been "Discover your Destiny" - finding God's will for our lives. So, everything has had a mystery "Clue" - game-ish feel to it. All this to say, we had a mystery dinner. The teens dressed up and our youth workers dressed in the part of the character they have been assigned for the year (i.e. Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard...). The teens searched for clues throughout the evening to find out who killed Mr. Body. Needless to say, it was a ton of fun. We turned our teen room into a formal dinning room and served fancy appetizers and cheesecake for dessert. I played the part of Hostess and Paul, my simply adorable husband. LOTS OF FUN!! I wish I could have played instead of run back and forth from the kitchen! It was well worth it. I think the teens had an enjoyable evening and I hope they know they are very loved.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is hard to believe these pictures are of the teen room. You did a great job of transforming it into a formal dining room. It shows how much you love these teens.
I am sure you had a great time, lots of laughter, and good memories.
May the Lord bless you and Paul in the ministry He has given you.
You are loved.
WOW! The room looks so good! And, you are sooooo pretty! I'm glad the banquet went well!
Post a Comment